As a Registered Nurse (RN) at Red River Hospital, which is part of the nation's leading behavioral healthcare network, you will play an essential role in our organization. You will also make a vital contribution to the health and well-being of individuals in crisis and their loved ones. You will be a pivotal provider of empathetic care.
While serving as a Registered Nurse (RN) with us, you will have the opportunity to enhance your current skillset, develop new capabilities, assume greater responsibilities, and become a recognized leader in your field.Every day that you are with us, you will know that your efforts are directly improving the lives of individuals and families in crisis.BENEFITS:
Red River Hospital provides a comprehensive package of benefits for the RN position.Current benefits include:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN):
- Competitive hourly rate with shift differential available
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Sign-on bonus available
- Relocation assistance available for eligible candidates
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Excellent training program
- Professional growth opportunity that is second to none in the industry. Join a team with defined career paths and a national family of hospitals and facilities
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing physical and behavioral health needs of patient, develop and implement nursing care plans, maintain medical records and educate patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physician's orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patient's status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information gathered is documented. Notify physician of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency or change in medical status regarding response to medications, etc.
- Nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs. Initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving patient direct attention and maintaining rational detachment.
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as directed.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, coworkers and others involved in patient treatment in an effective manner
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or Multistate License.
- CPR and CPI certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)