ABOUT US: Highland Ridge Hospital is an 83-bed psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment facility located in the heart of the Salt Lake Valley. Highland Ridge is owned by Acadia Healthcare, a national leader in the behavioral healthcare industry. We are the oldest specialty treatment program in the state of Utah andare fully accredited by the Joint Commission.
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinate and lead the facility's infection prevention and control program. Responsible for determining, preventing and containing infectious outbreaks within the facility. Perform duties with a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
• Conduct ongoing surveillance of infections.
• Gather and interpret data and keep accurate records of all infections.
• Compile and present Infection Reports to the Safety/Infection Control Committee and the Performance Improvement Council at assigned intervals.
• Inspect environment and observe personnel activities for the purpose of detecting infection hazards.
• Monitor and evaluate compliance with standards set by facility policy and industry.
• Monitor and update all facility department supervisors on all area-specific policies and procedures important to infection prevention principles. Investigate all 'exposure incidents,' oversee post-exposure evaluation and follow-up process in order to recommend appropriate actions to be taken.
• Notify designated medical, administrative staff and appropriate health department authorities all reportable communicable disease.
• Develop and provide in-service and orientation programs concerning prevention and control of infection, standard precautions, isolation techniques and education on current infectious disease.
• Responsibilities may also include gathering, analyzing and presenting data, facts and trends on infection prevention to facility or corporate leadership.
• Train staff on infection prevention and control protocols.
• Assess and re-enforce infection prevention practices.
• Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, coworkers and others in an effective manner.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, medical technology, microbiology, or epidemiology required. Bachelor's degree preferred. One or more years' experience in infection control preferred. Working knowledge of agents which cause disease, reservoir, knowledge of spectrum of disease, disease carriers, modes of transportation, host factors that enhance susceptibility, colonization of infection and approach to control infection required. Knowledge of the basic principles of epidemiology and the infectious disease process required.
LICENSES/DESIGNATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS: Current RN license in the state of Utah. Certification by the Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology preferred. First aid and CPR required. De-escalation/restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
AVAILABLE BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Paid Time Off.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)