SHIFT BONUS PROGRAM AVAILABLENEW REGISTERED NURSE GRADS WELCOME! Excellent benefits (low deductions and low deductibles), lots of paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
Harbor Oaks Hospital's mission for care includes:
- Respecting the dignity, comfort, and privacy of each patient
- Providing individualized care via an interdisciplinary team that values the consistency of treatment and unity of purpose
- Affording all patients and their families with a professional, caring, and safe environment
- Providing clinical and safety standards in order to ensure the highest quality of patient care
Our RN team works closely with each patient who is entrusted to our care. You will be a valued source of both medical care and compassionate support. Our Registered Nurses are relied on by the other members of our treatment teams for documentation, information and insights related to the continued progress of the individuals who are healing with us. The vision at Harbor Oaks Hospital is to be the preferred provider of behavioral health services, in Southeastern Michigan and beyond, by providing care to each patient as if they were a member of our own family.
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing physical and behavioral health needs of patient, develop and implement nursing care plans, maintain medical records and educate patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physician's orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patient's status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information gathered is documented. Notify physician of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency or change in medical status regarding response to medications, etc.
- Nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs. Initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving patient direct attention and maintaining rational detachment.
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as directed.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, coworkers and others involved in patient treatment in an effective manner.
Shifts are 12- hours, with shift differentials and rotating weekends. We have day (7am-7:30pm) shifts and night (7pm-7:30am) shifts available.BENEFITS
Harbor Oaks Hospital provides a comprehensive package of benefits for our employees. Current benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Generous earned time off (ETO) program
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
- One or more years experience as a registered nurse experience within clinical area of service provided by facility preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse license as required by the State of Michigan
- CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)