Since 1939, Farner-Bocken Company (now a division of Core-Mark) has been serving as a distributor of convenience food service products and we cherish the relationships that have been built in our 75 years of serving the Midwest. From the industry standouts to your neighborhood standout, we are committed to being the best...and we do it with honesty and integrity. Position Summary:
Presents, trains, and sells Farner-Bocken Company (a division of Core-Mark International) fresh and food service products to existing accounts, new accounts, prospective accounts, multiunit accounts, and national accounts in a defined sales territory while maintaining and promoting the company image within the Industry. Position Responsibilities :
Skills & Experiences:
- Travels daily to customers or potential customers in an assigned territory to reinforce Farner-Bocken/Core-Mark sales activity by promoting products, concepts, and sales initiatives for the organization. Some overnight travel required.
- Assists and coordinates operator training, merchandising, sanitation, pricing, shrink and gross profit ability.
- Responds to inquiries from customers to resolve problems and provide solutions.
- Schedules and coordinates customer training sessions and product demonstrations.
- Advises customers on merchandising ideas to improve sales opportunities.
- Assists customers in building food pricing structures and menu development while monitoring shrink and gross profitability.
- Provides weekly schedule to supervisor by compiling the schedule of activities and follow-up appointments.
- Knowledge of the Farner-Bocken food service products and food cost analysis.
- Knowledge of menu development.
- Skill in operating various food preparation equipment, such ovens and fryers, etc and computer software: Microsoft and Lotus applications.
- Skill in communicating effectively and negotiating with the customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to be organized and coordinate multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate with department managers, co-workers, and business contacts, in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees