ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Senior HR Manager
Administration, Human Resources, Project Management, Supervisory
Job Type/ FLSA Status
10 - 20%
First Shift (Day)
Job Description Position Summary
The Senior HR Manager is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and front-line leaders in designated areas. The position serves as a consultant to front line leaders on human resource-related issues. The Sr. HR Manager will ensure HR Management team is successfully partnering with their operations partners. The successful Sr. HR Manager acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Works in collaboration with HR centers of excellence to achieve talent goals necessary to sustain and drive business performance. Ability to implement innovative and practical solutions through a strong process and metrics focus. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. Essential Duties
- Consults with line management and HR Management team, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Leads the HR Managers for designated area. Ensure consistent communication with team and providing support.
- Building and maintaining an environment for our Team Members that results in a high customer focused and engaged workforce.
- Review onboarding and orientation for new leaders.
- Analyzes trends and metrics, seeking opportunities and strategies to improve trends in turnover, retention and key indicators of employee and customer engagement.
- Partner with leadership to understand current and future staffing needs.
- Partner with Talent Team to develop workforce plans that respond to current and future staffing needs.
- Partner with Learning & Development Team to ensure key programs are focused on front line managers and team members.
- Ability to read and understand data to inform continuous improvement and inform decision making.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with legal as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to front line leaders (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with front line leaders to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business and individual coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence to deliver programs to meet organizational goals
- Review key business performance targets and their related talent implications with business leaders.
- Support customer retention and business development though direct involvement with key customer base.
- Identify and drive the sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Understand and mitigate corporate risk associated with relevant employment laws/policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field; Master's Degree preferred.
- In lieu of degree, 10+ years of related experience required.
- Minimum of 7 years of applicable experience in Human Resources, business operations or management.
- Appropriate experience with a large hourly & distributed workforce is a strong plus.
- Experience working with union and non-union employees preferred.
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time.
- Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives and business strategy.
- Strong consultation and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively challenge, influence, and develop productive relationships inside and outside of HR.
- Intellectual agility, interpersonal flexibility and deep curiosity to learn.
- Exposure to strong process and project management discipline.
- Effective team player and networker.
Atlanta, GA 30319 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy