ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Senior Director of Operations, Janitorial
Administration, Operations, Project Management, Supervisory
Job Type/ FLSA Status
30 - 40%
Job Description POSITION SUMMARY
Provide leadership and guidance to multiple janitorial operations throughout the Southeast, while developing a strong and diverse management team focused on safety, innovation, and best practices. Be instrumental in the retention and growth of ABM's Janitorial Service line through contract renewals/expansions, cross-selling, and the support for new business opportunities lead by the ABM Business Development team. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Develop and provide guidance for management teams at multiple levels within the Southeast Janitorial Operations.
- Active member of the recruitment team for key management hires at the site and Area levels.
- Ensure on-going training requirements and service competencies of team members utilizing internal resources (ABMU and L&D), Vendors (Diversey, Tennant) and other acceptable industry best practices (BSCAI, NFMT, Green Building Council, etc.).
- Develop and maintain client relations through collaboration, strong governance, and improvement plans driven by annual surveys and feedback. Including the creation of a standardized Client Business Reviews (CBR's) program for Top 25 clients with focus on retention, expansion and improvement of financial results.
- Responsible for managing and achieving financial goals; annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Create a standardized Quality Control Program utilizing existing ABM Technology and based on industry acceptable practices (Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen, etc.).
- Ensure ABM safety programs are adhered to while fostering a culture with a safety first mindset.
- Ensure operations are compliant with ABM Policies and procedures.
- Conduct leadership inspections and suggest functional improvements through innovation and best practices.
- Support for estimating, pricing, and proposal development on any new business opportunities.
- Assist with new contract/account start-ups and transitions.
- Proven ability to manage, train and develop a Team and a general Operational Platform.
- Ability to travel as necessary to maintain Client relationship and oversee operations.
- Proven experience building and maintaining professional working relationships.
- Proven background managing multi-task operations.
- Ability to implement current and changing policies and procedures.
- High degree of effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Read, write, and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions.
- Able to act independently and make accurate decisions with exceptional focus on attention to detail, safety, and company policy and procedures.
- Ability to prepare for and execute presentations in a group and/or client setting
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional service and interpersonal skills that are interpreted as positive and customer service oriented.
- Ability to analyze and understand P&Ls and other financial reports.
- Understand and respond appropriately to client and customer inquiries and/or issues.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Ability to utilize ABM office systems as necessary for job success.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 5 years proven management experience.
30319, GA US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy