|Category||Professional/Supervisory||Job type||Full Time|
Directly assists the Director and Plant Manager in the implementation of programs and projects established by the Department of Facilities Services. Ensures that all work activities are performed according to specifications, regulations, and standards. Ensures that the physical as well as the human resources are maintained cost effectively and of a high quality within that region.
• Provides on-shift expertise and supervisory leadership for staff, technical plant operations and troubleshooting of hospital systems which include Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) as well as plumbing systems, vessels, piping including piped delivery of gases, liquids and steam for process and environmental systems.
• Provides focused leadership/technical direction and resource allocation for plant operations to ensure regulatory compliance and deliver system reliability (performance, disaster readiness and contingency planning) within a pre-established budget.
• Manages the development and execution of assigned projects through the Craft/Projects Shop staff and trade contractors.
• Leads real time data collection and analysis to provide direction to plant operations staff for activities associated with system testing, trouble shooting, discovery, maintenance/repairs, restoration, plant reconfiguration and hazardous energy control. Responsible to execute disaster recovery and contingency plans during planned and unplanned work.
• Develops, engages and supervises staff by using continuous improvement technics to promote the well-being of employees with performance evaluations, technical/compliance training and coaching.
• Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the iSCORE values of Jefferson.
High School Diploma or GED required. Medical or Building Trades School; Associate Degree (o r equivalent experience) or equivalent in his/her trade
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
ASHE CHFM, certification preferred.
8 plus years direct supervisory experience
5 plus years direct working experience within the trade or craft position
6 plus years of experience in a healthcare environment. Computer, I-pad and I-phone skills a must. MS Office, MS PowerPoint, budgeting and financial programs, and CMMS.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation's best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
|Employer||Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health|