Overview The Fresh Market & You:
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We're looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a "can-do" attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution! Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team Member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
- AND much more!
The Fresh Market is seeking an Instructional Designer at our Corporate Office in Greensboro, NC, to support our field operations and corporate store support center. The role is responsible for developing innovative and engaging learning content while working collaboratively with SMEs, Field Leadership, Operations, Marketing, and the learning team. The ideal candidate possesses a curiosity and desire to learn in a fast-paced, changing environment. The work environment allows you to roll up your sleeves and learn all the aspects of learning and organization development and really make an impact on the business. You will have the opportunity to create eLearning, simulations, toolkits, job aids and videos.
The candidate should be familiar with adult learning theory, and be creative, analytical, and customer-obsessed. Be ready and willing to live by our values - Passion, Excellence, Teamwork, and Hospitality.Responsibilities
- Act with a consultant mindset to conduct needs analysis to determine content development solutions based on measurable learning objectives
- Conduct store visits to analyze effectiveness, identify training gaps and gather feedback
- Assist in developing and implementing short and long-term programs targeted to departments within The Fresh Market with the intent to enhance technical skills, leadership development and competencies to drive key financial indicators (Sales, Service, Labor, Shrink)
- Consult with Subject Matter Experts to create/revise storyboards, audio/video scripts, job aids/infographics, scenarios, online course content, and learning assessments using sound instructional theory
- Function as a Project Manager and owner of key initiatives communicating effectively with a cross-functional team
- Become a curator and creator of best-in-class engaging content that leads to user adoption
- Ability to manage and provide reporting and learning dashboards for our internal customers within our learning management system
- Develop online learning paths for critical positions within our learning management system
- Produce and edit micro-learning videos as part of blended learning approach as needed
- Communicate with stakeholders, learning team and HR partners to propose recommendations to solve business needs with the learner experience top of mind
- Facilitate courses via webinar or instructor led as needed
- 3 - 5 years instructional design experience and/or food industry training/communication experience.
- High-level attention to detail and accuracy in execution of work and tasks
- Proven Project Management skills with a focus on results
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills (verbal and written)
- Proven ability to collaborate and work within a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to manage projects and partner with various levels in the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently at times
- Demonstrated expertise in effective instructional design methods; experience in training development for retail, food industry or grocery environments preferred
- Strong technical skills and ability to learn eLearning tools (Articulate 360, Storyline, etc.)
- Experience managing Learning Management System content
- Intermediate skills in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office, and experience with HTML5 and CSS a plus
- Experience with graphic design, video editing, micro-learning, gamification, and simulations a plus
- One year of experience designing solutions for a large geographically dispersed workforce
Role is based in Greensboro, NC and will require travel to store locations as needed We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.