The Accountant, Credit Accounting partners with the Conn's team to perform accounting duties including, but not limited to: (i) preparing monthly account reconciliations; (ii) preparing journal entries. The Accountant, Credit Accounting will report to the Manager, Credit Accounting. Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Accountant, Credit Accounting's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Credit Accounting Staff Accountant's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare reconciliation of basic and complex general ledger accounts, including research and resolution of discrepancies.
- Prepare daily/monthly journal entries and supporting schedules.
- Participate in month end, quarter end and year end closings.
- Reconcile sub-ledgers to GL as required.
- Identify systemic or isolated loan servicing variances and develop timely resolution plans.
- Work with other departments to improve efficiencies, support overall goals and objectives.
- Participate in system development and maintenance projects as needed.
- Assist credit accounting department with process improvements and account reconciliation efficiencies.
- Communicate with team members from other functional areas as well as external sources.
- Comply with Internal controls and best practices and assist in other accounting projects as requested.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements and assist in maintaining those controls. Interact with external and internal auditors on a regular basis.
- Provide information for auditors and other special projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economic, Accounting or related
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills, with strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Experience with ERP ledger systems (Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JDE, etc) and loan servicing systems (Shaw or Fiserv) is preferred
- Experience with SQL
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Ability to work in a high energy, entrepreneurial environment
- Effective communication skills
- Must work with integrity, ethics and a customer service attitude in all interactions and strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Big 4 experience is a plus
Conn's established in 1890 is a specialty retailer with approximately 4,500 employees and currently operating 130 retail locations in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. The Company's primary product categories include:
- Furniture and mattress, including furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as both traditional and specialty mattresses;
- Home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges;
- Consumer electronics, including LED, OLED, QLED, 4K Ultra HD, and smart televisions, gaming products and home theater and portable audio equipment; and
- Home office, including computers, printers and accessories.
Additionally, Conn's offers a variety of products on a seasonal basis. Unlike many of its competitors, Conn's provides flexible in-house credit options for its customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party lease-to-own payment plans. Our mission is to make it possible for everyone to purchase quality, long lasting products for their home.
Conn's HomePlus is an equal opportunity employer.