ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Facilities Operations Manager
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
The Facility Manager position is responsible for creating and maintaining facilities which meet internal and external customer requirements, regulatory requirements and good building and maintenance practices. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this classification. All duties may not be performed and/or additional duties may be added to address business needs. Essential Functions:
- Initiates, plans and implements staff development programs. Develops department capabilities and resources to meet both present and future staffing needs.
- Ensures facility compliance with codes, regulatory requirements, standard operating procedures (SOPs), policies and procedures.
- Develops and manages departmental budgets.
- Develops and executes a strategic plan to oversee the management of key functions within Facilities Management.
- Communicates with customers and ensures follow-up on work orders. Provides regular status reports to customer and ABM management.
- Maintains an efficient and productive organization utilizing leadership skills; reviews and evaluates the performance of departmental personnel; provides guidance and training as required and recognition when warranted.
- Complies with customer and ABM corporate policies, communicates to subordinates and ensures subordinate compliance.
- Evaluates improvements, suggestions, proposals, and project requirements; determines their feasibility and economic worth.
- Ensures that reactive and preventive maintenance activities are appropriately balanced; monitors current and deferred maintenance backlogs; adjusts priorities and/or resources as needed and ensures that deferred maintenance is adequately documented.
- Reviews completed work regularly and ensures that quality standards are met or exceeded to the satisfaction of the customer. Utilizes the maximum capabilities of ABM's Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Advises Senior Management on Facilities Maintenance issues between Savannah and other GAC sites, as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of crafts within Facility Operations to include electrical, plumbing, painting, and carpentry.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance management principles and concepts including work standards and methods, facilities planning, economic analysis, production flow, material handling, and project management.
- A minimum of five (5) years Facility Operations experience including a minimum of three (3) years of leadership/supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge of PC operations and software applications. (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to operate within a Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo)
Pooler, GA US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy