Come join our team as a RN - Registered Nurse at Carolina House. If you are passionate and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of those in need through compassionate therapeutic practices while working in a team environment that supports learning and growth, this position is right for you!
We are currently hiring for a prn that can work night and/or day shifts (24x7). Currently we need 12 hour shifts.
We are offering a $500 sign on bonus!!!
We offer excellent benefits and salary including health, dental, 401(k), and life insurance.
Responsible for providing professional nursing care to patients with a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude to foster a supportive and therapeutic environment. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing physical and behavioral health needs of patient, develop and implement nursing care plans, maintain medical records and educate patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physician's orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patient's status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information gathered is documented.
- Collaborate with others to ensure that all patients' physical, biopsychosocial, age, developmental and cultural needs are met and when they are not met, acknowledges and works to resolve customer complaints.
- Notify physician of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency or change in medical status regarding response to medications, etc.
- Ensure nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs and initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving patient direct attention and maintaining rational detachment.
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as directed.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, coworkers and others involved in patient treatment in an effective manner.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
- One or more years' nursing experience within clinical area of service provided by facility preferred.
- Current RN license as required by North Carolina.
- CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)