Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.Schedule: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 5am - 1:30pm. Wed: 4am - 12:30pmPay Rate: $16.00/hr. plus additional money for obtaining equipment licenses.Position Summary:
The Inventory Control Quality Control Specialist will perform functions and duties in support of the delivery of first quality products to customers of Core-Mark Northern New England. The I. C. Quality Control Specialist will work to ensure best practices are performed across departments in alignment with Core-Mark strategy and core values.Position Responsibilities:
Skills & Experiences:
- Daily auditing and management of product through the use of expiry reports found both in DCMS and Excel.
- Daily inspection of perishable items - primarily stocked in the Cooler - auditing freshness, expiration dates, package quality and proper stock rotation.
- Daily audit of Byrne and Hood milk lines ensuring freshness through correct expiration dates, package quality and proper stock rotation. The QC Specialist will facilitate the correction of any rotation errors found.
- Semimonthly inspection of commodity 75 (Tobacco line) to ensure product meets Ship Days Before Expiry guidelines.
- Monthly inspection of commodity's 80 and 85 (Cigarette line) to ensure product meets Ship Days Before Expiry guidelines.
- Other regularly scheduled audits of date-sensitive lines such as Hostess, BIBs and other Dry items as appropriate.
- Corrections and additions to product dates within the Distribution Center Management System as needed.
- Spot-check inspections as requested by outside departments related to item quality, food safety, correct stocking, expiration date, lot codes, correct pack-size, etc. Follow-up will be made in response to the request and in support of the process correction to prevent further delivery issues.
- Point-person for product inspection of Class 1, 2 and 3 Product Recall and Market Withdrawal notifications from the FDA. Will be required to follow all proper procedures and report out all required information to the C-M NNE Recall Coordinator and appropriate parties within specified time-frame.
- Daily recording and validation of correct RF temperature gun readings.
- Daily check of Humidor to ensure temperature and humidity levels fall within acceptable range.
- Analysis and reporting of processes and controls specifically relating to stocking and receiving in order to facilitate the delivery of first quality product in a timely manner.
- Perform Cycle Count functions and assist Quality Assurance/Food Safety as needed and appropriate.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to remain focused in a busy work environment and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Competency with system applications including DCMS, Outlook, Excel, Word and other warehouse management systems.
- Powered equipment certification and a safe operating record. E.g. pallet jack, reach lift, order picker, skyjack. Training and certification will be provided as appropriate.
- Ability to decipher Julian codes.
- Ability to perform functions with an RF gun.
- Prior knowledge of warehousing operations, products, shipping, receiving and handling practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel from multiple internal departments while persisting in the pursuit of continuous process improvement.
- Ability to take direction but also work independently and prioritize/re-prioritize work.
- Ability to work courteously and respectfully with supervision and others.
- Physical ability to lift, unload, and carry totes and bundles up to 30 lbs. repetitively and up to 60 lbs. occasionally, push up to 50 lbs., and move a dolly loaded with up to 250 lbs.
- Physical ability to maneuver loaded hand carts over a variety of inclines and surfaces.
- Physical ability to stand and walk frequently, and be able to drive for a significant period of time.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.
- Exposure to heights within the warehouse while using motorized vehicles and PPE.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees