|Category||Clerical/Secretarial||Job type||Per Diem|
General Summary: Performs nuclear medicine procedures and associated functions. Performs a variety of technical procedures and patient care functions that require independent judgment and practice.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Function Independently performs all appropriate procedures as requested exercising good judgment in obtaining all necessary views for the area being examined.
• Uses appropriate positioning techniques. Position patients so that the parts of the body can be appropriately imaged. Obtains all views within imaging protocol.
• Utilizes appropriate equipment settings / protocols in order to produce quality images. Performs all computer processing applications as required. Appropriately critiques films / images for quality.
• Performs all necessary equipment and departmental quality control procedures as necessary. Keeps room stocked with necessary supplies.
• Documents and communicates information pertaining to patient history, signs and symptoms, technique factors, and other important information as necessary.
Provides appropriate patient care. Provides for patient well being and provides appropriate level of patient care during medical imaging encounter.
• Properly identifies patient. Verifies accuracy of procedure ordered against written order from physician.
• Escorts and assists patients to examination room, reviews written history questionnaire, asks appropriate follow-up questions and explains procedure to patient. Obtains and documents all necessary patient information.
• Utilizes appropriate infection control procedures designed to protect self, patient and other staff.
• Demonstrates competence in management of emergency situations involving patients, knowing when to notify a physician and/or initiate lifesaving aid. Maintains basic life support certification.
Practices radiation protection principles as required in accordance with federal and state standards.
• Uses radiation safety principles to prevent unnecessary radiation exposure to self, patients and other staff. Shields patients as necessary. Records LMP according to dept. policies and procedures.
• Maintains equipment. Properly handles and stores personal protective equipment and all other ancillary equipment.
Completes all post examination duties and responsibilities.
• Properly and accurately enters all patient data and exam data into the Radiology Information System in a timely manner.
• Completes all necessary paperwork. Provides appropriate clinical history with each examination.
• Prepares study for dictation as necessary.
Completes all other duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required: Ability to read and communicate in the English language. AMA approved Nuclear Medicine program graduate preferred. ARRT or CNMT registration / NJ licensure required.
Conditions of Employment
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson's clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation's best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code
|Employer||Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health|