Under the general direction of the Radiology Manager, performs diagnostic and therapeutic exams/procedures and associated patient care. May provide care to patients ranging in age from infancy to late adulthood.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Percentage of Time Essential Function(s)
1. Meets all standards of the Patient Satisfaction Initiative Criteria in order to make Abington - Jefferson Health (AJH) the hospital of choice for Patients and Employees.
2. Performs radiology exams/procedures while providing quality patient care and diagnostic quality images for interpretation.
3. Ensures appropriate documentation of patients' exams utilizing electronic medical records/radiology computer systems for input/storage/retrieval.
4. Ensures that all state, departmental and hospital policies and procedures are followed in order to comply with all regulations, federal laws and TJC regulations.
5. Actively, professionally participates in the training/education of orientees / radiologic technology students / others to provide a supportive and positive learning experience.
6. Participates in staff development activities or approved projects (in-service, video, newsletter article, Policy & Procedure development. Demonstrates initiative with department activities to ensure quality services are provided.
7. Performs all other related duties as assigned
1+ years' experience as a technologist preferred.
B. Education & Training:
Graduate of a recognized School of Radiology Sciences
C. License, Certification & Registration:
ARRT, or registry eligible. Must pass registry board within one year of hire.
D. Other Requirements:
Excellent communication and team oriented skills required
Conditions of Employment
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.
Conditions of Employment
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson's clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation's best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
|Employer||Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health|