ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Safety Manager Transportation
Some College Coursework Completed
Job Type/ FLSA Status
- Assist in the management of safety, security, and quality programs policies and initiatives at the station level for all shuttle transportation operations
- Responsible for Managing the Safety of Shuttle Drivers at a 24-hour airside operation at Los Angeles World Airport
- Responsible for ensuring improvements in safety, security, quality, productivity, client relationships, and customer service are correctly implemented.
- May be required to help train employees in safety, security, quality, and job specific (as required by station) policies and procedures in all Lines of Service
- Maintains a culture of compliance with all safety, security, and quality procedures established by the Company, clients, and regulatory authorities.
- Ensures continuous improvement of safety, security, and quality results by identifying, analyzing, and developing proactive solutions to challenges.
- Organizes, leads, and attends meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attends employee briefings and effectively communicates safety and quality initiatives.
- Trains new and existing employees in safety, security, quality, and job specific policies and procedures.
- Conducts Company vehicle driver training.
- Conducts daily on-site, Safety and Quality Assurance inspections.
- Conducts and documents monthly facility hazard, fire extinguisher, and eye wash station inspections.
- Ensures compliance in the areas of post-accident testing and motor vehicle record checks.
- Ensures that any injuries, incidents, accidents, and/or irregular operations are documented, reported, and processed appropriately.
- Responds to injuries, incidents, accidents, and/or irregular operations 24/7/365.
- Collaborates with local senior leadership for the investigation of injuries, incidents, accidents, and/or irregular operations.
- Maintain records related to safety, security, and quality as required including but not limited to database data entry, accident/incident reports, OSHA logs, environmental spills/releases, observations, inspections, audits, etc.
- Inspires and motivates employees while developing the leadership skills of direct reports.
- Communicates effectively, maintains a positive approach to problem solving, and collaborates with stakeholders to demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Provides management reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing information, and making recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 3 to 5+ years in environmental, safety, or health role.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in Aviation airfield transportation operation and Safety
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Aviation Experience preferred
- CDL Driver Safety experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, and handbooks.
- Ability to effectively present information, including in written form, and respond to questions from passengers, managers, clients, customers and the general public. Must also possess and utilize effective listening skills
Los Angeles, CA 90045 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy