ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Patient Service Supervisor
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
Responsible for supervision and service of meals to patients, hospital staff and/or visitors. Provide leadership consistent with the ABM Healthcare Support Services standard operating procedures. RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
RESPONSIBILITIES - NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Actualizes the ABM Healthcare Support Services Mission, Vision and Value statements.
- Maintains professional behavior consistent with role as well as composure in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Knows who all their customers are and initiates and maintains positive relationships with them; promotes a customer service mindset at all times with both internal and external customers. Responds to all requests from customers with a can do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
- Initiates and maintains positive relationships with co-workers/associates in an effort to build a strong team.
- Develops, facilitates, and monitors the process for customer service improvement initiatives and suggest new methods that lead to better service.
- Completes all required ABM Healthcare Support Services weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner; presenting information to be submitted in a neat and professional format.
- Monitors training programs to ensure compliance and completion within given time frames; conducts in-service training as required.
- Follows Universal Precautions/Infection Control Procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of HIPPA Privacy Act; maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Leads and/or actively participates in customer service improvement initiatives and suggest new methods that lead to better service.
- Participates and conducts regularly scheduled meetings with assigned staff.
- Develops/coaches department associates to ensure fullest potential is reached by providing feedback, suggesting ways for them to improve skills or build relations with peers, hospital staff, patients and customers.
- Promotes and drives departmental TQM/Customer Service initiatives; makes rounds to meet with customers, assess if their meal expectations are being met and implement service recovery as needed.
- Proactively reports pertinent feedback to assigned manager in a timely manner.
- Ensures that required ABM Healthcare Support Services standard operating procedures are followed and implements and maintains department policies and procedures to ensure programs meet goals within a clean and safe environment.
- Directs staff on the proper use of all supplies/equipment in all areas; notifies maintenance of equipment in need of repair and/or works; takes corrective action as needed until equipment operable.
- Monitors service, food production, sanitation and safety; identifies problems and directs staff as to corrective action to resolve and prevent occurrences.
- Develops and implements cleaning schedules and completes sanitation inspections.
- Ensures temperature records for food, coolers, and freezers are completed and filed per policy and procedure.
- Document employee report offs and reports occurrences.
- Assists with hiring and training new employees - interviews candidates for, ensures new employees are instructed on job responsibilities how and how to safely operate and clean equipment.
- Maintains organizational records to include, but not limited to time maintenance, accident/incident reports, associate health requirements and maintenance work orders.
- Completes daily, weekly and/or monthly work schedules and reports.
- Provides direct line supervision and relief for positions under his/her direction.
- Inventories and controls usage of supplies.
- Takes proactive measures to ensure food quality, portion control and minimize waste.
- Visually inspects and tastes all food products prior to opening for service; assist in preparation of foods as needed and ensures quality food for all areas.
- Ensures meal service is provided at designated times for all services.
- Ensures all opened/leftover food is stored properly (covered, labeled, and dated).
- Ensures department and annual facility training programs are completed within given time frames; conducts in-service training with associates.
- Maintains employee files, time and attendance records and corrective action process; aware of and enforces all Human Resource procedures as noted in employee personnel manual.
- Participates in annual performance evaluation process for assigned staff ensuring review are completed per facility guidelines and time frames.
- Takes responsibility for self-development - supports a learning environment.
- Reports to work on time, in proper attire; requests time of in advance; follows ABM Healthcare Support Services vacation and attendance policies and procedure guidelines.
- Demonstrates understanding of Age-Specific Characteristics for population served through age appropriate communications and care.
- Participates in facility community service events or does volunteer work in community.
- Complete other duties as assigned by manager.
- Able to respond to emergencies at both nighttime and on weekends as required. Able to handle varying workloads and meet deadlines as necessary.
- Able to respond to emergencies at both nighttime and on weekends as required.
- Able to handle varying workloads and meet deadlines as necessary.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Participate in scheduled department meetings.
- Effectively coordinate the activities of others in order to meet goals and objectives.
- Effectively schedule the work of others to complete operations, programs, or activities.
- Exchange and/or obtain information from patients, families, and visitors in a tactful and professional manner.
- Use appropriate grammar and writing styles to compose professionally written general correspondence.
- Expediently write proposals and/or reports that clearly communicate or summarize information and satisfy the requestor.
- Conduct meetings or lead group discussions in an effective and time-efficient manner.
- Be prepared; take an appropriate role; facilitate active participation; manage disruptions, and ensure that meetings consistently end on time and achieve stated objectives
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Associates Degree in Food Service or related work experience preferred.
- Three to five years supervisory work experience in food service environment.
- Sanitation certification (may obtain within 60 days of start date)
- Able to complete assignments under direct periodic supervision.
- Able to follow written and/or verbal instruction.
- Able to use basic office equipment, computer, etc.
- Remains current concerning sanitation guidelines.
- Able to handle and resolve problem
- Verbal and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with co-workers and hospital staff.
- Works in team environment, interacting with a variety of departments.
- Able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Possesses motivational and disciplinary skills.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships; treats others courteously and with respect.
Shreveport, LA 71103 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy