ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Patient Experience System Manager
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
The Patient Experience System Manager supports the Healthcare Support Services Patient Experience program at multiple locations . Collaborates with Environmental Services department leaders and their teams to support the Healthcare Support Services and client organization's goals and objectives related to the patient experience and the Environmental Services operations as measured by the HCAHPs metrics and other customer satisfaction measures. The Patient Experience System Manager partners with the leadership team to develop and ensure the effective and consistent implementation of customer service strategies across the System. This individual works closely with leadership, the hospital-based patient experience team, and employees to analyze patient experience results and identify, prioritize, plan, implement, and oversee improvement efforts. RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures that assigned personnel contact patients upon admission, and as needed, to ensure the patient is receiving services as requested; to identify additional needs and services, and ensure delivery of quality services.
- Establishes a process to initiate rounding on all patients and assists in the facilitation of prioritizing focused revisits to improve the patient experience.
- Advocate and resource to resolve patient issues.
- Ensure industry standards are met, and satisfaction scores are on target. Actively connects with the appropriate team members and serves as a liaison to connect the patient's voice, expectations, and perspective with the Support Services team.
- Ensures effective communication with patient and family regarding expectations and services provided.
- Supports the service recovery initiatives; coordinates with Teams to identify and resolve service-related issues.
- Consults with leaders in the development of strategies to improve patient satisfaction; identifies best practices and opportunities for improvement and works collaboratively with leaders and staff.
- Tracks and trends patient/visitor service concerns. Identifies system/process related problems via patient/visitor data and works collaboratively with the Support Services leadership and staff to resolve.
- Provides feedback and coaching to the Support Services team in delivering high touch, service-oriented interactions at every encounter with the patients, visitors, and family.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Provides System support and execution of the Meaningful Moments training
Minimum Requirements Education/Training:
- Bachelor's Degree. In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, High School Diploma/GED with 5+ years of relevant management/customer engagement experience is acceptable.
- Experience in in a service industry preferred (hospitality, restaurant, personal services, amusements and recreation, or healthcare )
- Must understand principles of first grade customer service and various approaches to application.
- Possess strong customer service skills to interact with patients and visitors, hospital leadership and staff, and ABM leadership and staff.
- Must be able to address difficult, awkward situations.
- Must be a team player and have proven success applying a team approach to obtain resolution to an issue or successfully accomplish a goal.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to ensure the confidentiality and rights of patients and confidentiality of health system and departmental documents required.
- Knowledge of basic statistics and the ability to interpret graphical illustrations regarding patient experience data.
- Must work in conjunction with staff in a supportive way to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with patients, physicians, administration, health system officials, other health system personnel and the general public.
- Proficient in Windows-based operating software/systems.
- Knowledge of word Processing, Spreadsheets, and other assorted business software.
Gulfport, MS 39501 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy