Analysts is seeking strong candidates for a DIRECT HIRE Procurement Coordinator role with a client of ours in Pittsburg, PA. Our client offers a remote hybrid schedule (remote/onsite) - terrific company with great salary and benefits!
The Procurement (Supply Chain) Coordinator will perform tasks required to achieve on time procurement and receipt of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies in direct support of the project portfolio. The Procurement Coordinator will provide analysis to assist in measuring and improving margin enhancement, capital efficiency, and profitable growth.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Negotiate the best value considering price, delivery, quality, and terms
- Develop close working relationships with project management, engineers, and finance to deliver support.
- Review material and subcontractor requirements.
- Investigate any escalations and respond in a timely manner
- Recommend new processes or systems for improvement; implement new ideas and strategies
- Track lead time of aged orders.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Liaison between field team who will be out selling the AV projects, and warehouse teams - AV teams will sell the project which will require AV equipment, etc. This role handles ordering, project/product releases, finding discount programs for products, forecasting timelines for product deliveries to the client sites, handle logistics between shipping teams, and project teams onsite at the client, handling RMA process when there are broken parts that need to be returned, and exchanged.
- Developing synergies with partners and supporting office management
- Management to a logistics budget, financial metrics, and financial reporting with a focus on continuous improvement
- Logistics planning/modeling
- Project management assistance
- Seeking out the special pricing from job folders, going to manufacturers even when special pricing is not specifically gathered previously.
- Driving resolution internal or external to ensure need by dates are met
- Gate to ensure procuring is not exceeding budget (notify and gain GM approval prior to proceeding)
- Checking accuracy and triggering order
- Problem queue management - driving resolution as opposed to communicating.
- Tracking and reporting shipping information
- MISC material procurement, tracking and measuring to budget
- RMA process, tracking and diligence of the transaction being completed
- Issuance of subcontract PO and invoice process in time fashion
Qualifications and Skills:
- S/BA degree in supply chain, business or related field from a four-year accredited college or university desired
- At least 4 years logistics operations or purchasing experience. Examples include practical experience in warehousing using best practices and KPIs
- Excellent analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities to be effective and efficient in order to meet strict deadlines
- Must be comfortable and effective working in an environment with constant changing demands, delays and responding to unexpected situations
- Ability to maintain and protect confidential information
- Track record of reliability and dependability:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; ability to maintain a high level of professionalism when interacting with all customers whether internal & external
- Proven experience to thrive in a rapidly growing and changing organization