- Provide guidance, and feedback to staff to facilitate smooth operations.
- Provide direct resident care through utilization of nursing standards accurately and in a timely manner.
- Follow policies, procedures, and medical/lab protocol for nursing care and notify practitioner of results accurately and in a timely manner.
- Implement infection control measures according to facility policies and procedures accurately and in a timely manner.
- Report pertinent information and/or changes in the residents' condition to practitioner, Director of Nursing, and/or on-call nurse as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Provide resident, and family education as related to current medication at administration and at Med Pass time.
- Participate in team conferences, staffings, and reviews as assigned.
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the practitioner accurately and in a timely manner.
- Chart medication administration on the Medication Administration Record and nurse's notes, if applicable, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Order prescribed medication to ensure an adequate supply is available at all times.
- Review Bowel Movement Records daily on second shift and intervene per Routine Standing Orders.
- Assist in obtaining verbal/written consents for psychotropic medications accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicate with practitioner to report behaviors and obtain orders for special procedures accurately and in a timely manner.
- In a timely manner, document nursing care provided and maintain appropriate records related to resident progress and incidents (i.e., Incident/Accident reports, medical charts, worker's compensation reports, etc).
- Transcribe practitioner orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the proper use of treatment modalities (i.e., Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, time away, close observation, suicide precautions, elopement precautions, and one-on-ones.)
- Respond timely and appropriately in behavioral crisis.
- Provide care and/or conduct patient/resident interactions in a manner appropriate for the age, culture, and population being served.
- When appropriate, complete medication discrepancy form and notify doctor when they occur.
- Order replacement medications for the emergency drug kits as they are removed to ensure appropriate amount is maintained.
- Follows all safety policies and adheres to all workers' compensation program guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)