|Category||Information Technology||Job type||Contractor|
Sr. \"Oracle database\" engineering with hands on experience on cloud platform - \"Amazon webServices\" & Postgres DBA
Experience on UNIX with minimum 8-10 years working experience in all areas of database Administration: performance tuning, data-pump, backup/recovery, KSH programming, PLSQL, init parameters,
replication methods. Expertise in Oracle 12c RAC, Performance tuning/troubleshooting skills and experience with VLDB's.
** Technology **
- Oracle RAC/ASM. Amazon AWS, Postgess DB, Cassandra dB, Data-replication tools
- Shareplex & Golden-Gate - Cloud foundry, Wide experience in infrastructure layout, provisioning.
- Extensive experience in Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure with particular reference to provisioning, security, and management.
- Design AWS infrastructure to move local applications to public & private cloud.
- Design complex solutions which integrate AWS cloud, on premise physical and Virtual server, EC2, S3 storage, networking and security.
- Conduct systems design, feasibility and cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions
- Develop standardized AMI images and Cloud formation automation scripts for building non-prod and prod environments on AWS
- Design, deploy and support highly available and scalable distributed Cassandra (Datastax OR Apache) database solutions for high transactions mission critical applications.
- Develop data models and perform planning of architecture, functions, modules, recovery, standards and implementation
- Installations, configurations and monitoring DataStax Enterprise cluster and/or open source cassandra cluster
- Maintain and develop data models, structures, and procedures to ensure the integrity and performance of database components
- Work with internal and external customers to develop new value-added programs and data solutions with existing data warehouse structure
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities
- Research and evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions for business issues - Create ad-hoc reports utilizing various data sources
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies - Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality
- 24*7 on-call operations for mission critical application. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience